Wednesday 19 August 2009

Here We Go


Welcome,I'm Jo and I run Jo Verity Designs

My friend Tess at Ochre & Ocre helped me set this up months ago.But as I said to her...its jut about getting the first sentence down.

I started by business just over a year ago when I had been made redundant.....again.

I trained as a Designer Jeweller 20+ years ago and thought maybe it was time to put it to some use!

As everyone and their dog [ and I have six,but more about them later ] is making silver / stringing beads I wanted to do something different.

So I started fiddling about with some paper and remembered that years ago I had rolled some beads ....and that was it.

The Victorians used this technique to make bead curtains from wallpaper so why can't you make jewellery from it? I have subsequently discovered that some women in Uganda roll paper beads from magazines and cereal packets to make necklaces..and very nice they too.

The difference in my pieces is that I combine the paper beads with semi precious stones,glass and silver,which makes them completely unique and materially quite eclectic.

Anyway I need to get going and get some bits made up for Saturday for a stand at Worcester Festival....more about this after the weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment